Saturday, February 16, 2013

The Blood of Heroes










This title has been recommended to me for years by my buddy Alec Shurtz, and when I finally watched it I could see why. One of two films directed by the writer of Blade Runner & Unforgiven, David Webb Peoples, This grimy post apocalyptic action flick holds up pretty damn well nowadays.  In the distant future a sport called only "The Game" is played by an elite group of athletes called "Juggers".The Game resembles football with bats and clubs and instead of a ball they use a dog's skull. The film follows Rutger Hauer's team of Juggers as the battle all the way to the subterranean "Red City". I was really surprised I never came across this film years ago seeing as I was obsessed with the Mad Max films for quite some time. I currently constantly urge pretty much everyone I know to watch this film.

9 dog skulls out of ten

No comments:

Post a Comment