Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Beyond The Black Rainbow





Somewhere in between Stanley Kubrick's 2001: A Space Odyssey, Nicolas Winding Refn's Valhalla Rising, & David Lynch's entire catalog lies Beyond The Black Rainbow brooding in an 80's synth heavy cloud of marijuana smoke. With all the buzz going around about this film I wasnt sure what to expect, and im still not sure what I saw...but I know that I enjoyed it.

Directed by Panos Cosmatos, son of the late great director George P. Cosmatos( Leviathan, Cobra, Tombstone, Of Unknown Origin, etc), Beyond The Black Rainbow is an extremely impressive visual ride with a score that sinks hooks into you from the second it starts. With a film so extremely visually driven I found myself very curious has to what the script for it must have looked like. After my first viewing I found myself haunted by scenes all through the next day, and the more I thought about it the more I liked it.

Front and center of this mesmerizing, psychedelic nightmare is actor Michael Roger's who conjures up the intensity of Christian Bale as Barry Nyle. His precious Elena is played awesomely by Eva Allen. Both seem right at home in their roles, and deliver provocative performances. I highly recommend this
film.

I hope you liked my review..I tried to use alot of fancy words.

No comments:

Post a Comment